Google Play Store default app market for Android users. Google Play Store download pending is one of the most common errors which occurs while trying to download apps. While in many cases the culprit of download pending error is a poor internet connection. But not all the time your internet services are guilty, there could some other reason also for this issue.
Therefore we’re here with a simple tutorial on how to fix the Google Play Store download pending issue. So continue reading.
- 1 Fix Download Pending Issue On Google Play Store:-
- 1.1 1. Check Internet Connection:-
- 1.2 2. Clear Play Store’s Downloading Queue:-
- 1.3 3. Clear Google Play Store App Data:-
- 1.4 4. Uninstall Play Store Updates:-
- 1.5 5. Update Android System Webview:-
- 1.6 6. Disable VPN:-
- 1.7 7. Free Up Some Space On SD Card:-
- 1.8 8. Use Google Play Store Official Websites:-
- 1.9 9. Reset App Preferences:-
- 2 Final Thoughts:-
Fix Download Pending Issue On Google Play Store:-
Below are some solutions, you can try to fix Google Play Store download pending issue:-
1. Check Internet Connection:-
First of all, we recommend you check your internet connection before moving to the next steps. If you’re using mobile data then switch to Wi-Fi, but still, the problem remains the same. Then enable downloading on data, here is how to do that:-
- Open the Play Store and tap on three-dots available in the left corner(Menu button).
- Navigate to the Settings>App download preferences. And select Over any network.
- Now I hope your download start working perfectly.
2. Clear Play Store’s Downloading Queue:-
The Google Play Store prioritizes all your downloads, which means your most recent download will be the last one in the queue. Though Google Play Store can download only one app at a time, further adding will cause download pending error. So you need to clear the downloading queue, the below steps will help to do this:-
- Open Google Play Store application.
- Tap on three-dot icons available in the left corner of the screen.
- Head to My apps & games.
- The Update option will display all your downloading queues. Stop all or some pending downloads from this list.
- Once you’ve cleared the downloading queue, your desired application will start downloading.
3. Clear Google Play Store App Data:-
Maybe this is one of the commonly suggested methods, but still effective in order to fix this problem. Below are the steps to clear the Play Store cache:-
- Go to the Settings and click on Apps.
- Find Google Play Store and click on it.
- Head to Storage section and tap on the Clear Cache button.
- If you won’t want to repeat theses steps then Clear Data as well.
This step can vary depending upon the Android versions and custom UI skins.
4. Uninstall Play Store Updates:-
If the previous solutions don’t work for you then you can uninstall Play Store updates. By doing this Google Play Store services will reset and you can update the Play Store again. Now I hope your downloading pending issue will resolve. Go through these steps to uninstall Google Play Store updates on Android.
- Head to the Settings.
- Click on Apps and then tap on App Manager or Manage App option.
- Search Google Play Store, and click on it. Now you will see the Uninstall updates option in the bottom.
- Connect with your network to install updates again.
5. Update Android System Webview:-
You always need to make sure that you’re using the updated version of the Android System Webview. To check whether that Android System Webview is updated or not, open the Play Store and search for Android System Webview. If an update is available then tap on updates.
6. Disable VPN:-
Many peoples are using VPN to make their privacy secure while others use VPN to access geo-restricted sites. Google Play Store stopped working sometime because of the VPN, so it is a good idea to disable the VPN.
7. Free Up Some Space On SD Card:-
A common cause for Google Play Store download pending error is lesser storage space on your device. Often you get a notification while you’re running at low storage when you try to download. However, if you want to make sure that storage is the cause of download pending issue, then go to Settings and click on Storage to check available storage.
8. Use Google Play Store Official Websites:-
If the problem still not get resolved then I suggest you ditch the Play Store app and use the official website to download apps.
- Go to Google Play Store official website on your browser. And log in with your email id and password.
- Search the name of the app you want to download and click on Install.
- Click on the Install button to begin downloading the app.
- You can check the download process in the notification area.
9. Reset App Preferences:-
I recommend you try this method only if none of the above methods are work for you. Reset App Preferences will reset the setting and preferences of all apps. Go through the following steps to reset the app preferences:-
- Open the Settings and click on Apps.
- Click on three vertical dots available in the top right corner to see the Reset app Preferences option.
- When you click on the reset app preferences, a pop-up window will appear telling what is going to happen. If you’re sure then click on Reset apps.
So this was all about how to fix the Google Play Store download pending error. Do we help you to get rid of the problem? If yes then please let us know which solution worked for you.