Are you the one who doesn’t want to get distracted by notifications while gaming? Or want some privacy while using Discord? If yes, then today’s post will help you to learn about how to appear offline on discord, so you can get rid of annoying notifications.
Discord is one of the best platforms for gamers and works on almost all operating systems. With the help Discord, players can interact with each other through text or audio-visual. That’s why most of the gamers prefer Discord over other gaming platforms. However due to any reason, if you want to appear offline on Discord then you can do this using Discord invisible status feature.
Why Appear Offline On Discord?
This won’t take more than a second to log out from Discord, but by doing this you could miss some important chats or calls. If you wish to stay logged in without knowing anyone that you are online on Discord then you can use invisible option instead of log out.
If you are well familiar with Discord then you might know that the colored dots available next to your avatar displays your activity. A green dot indicates that you are online, Yellow indicates Idle status, Red dot indicates do not disturb and grey dot indicates invisible. You will appear offline if you are using the invisible status.
The invisible setting of Discord let you play your games or execute other tasks while staying updated with the loop of chats and calls without any disturbances.
How To Appear Offline On Discord:-
The following steps will help you to appear offline on Discord:
- Open your Discord and log in to your account.
- Head to your Profile page by clicking on your picture available at the bottom left corner.
- This will lead you to a small pop up window, where you will see a list of statuses, from that list, choose Invisible.
This is the simplest way you can follow to make yourself offline on Discord.
How To Set Custom Status On Discord?
One of the most amazing features of Discord is custom status. This feature enables you to set status as per your mood or current activity. There are some moments when you are doing something special and want to share your activity with your friends then you can do this using custom status. Also if you only want to share your activity with selected friends then you can set privacy.
The below-given steps will let you set the custom status on Discord:
- Login to your Discord by entering your login credentials.
- Click on your Profile Picture. You can see your profile picture at the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Tap on the Custom Status option.
- On the next screen, enter the activity that you want to share with your friends.
- You can also set the time after that your status will disappear automatically. By default, Discord keeps your status active for 24 hours, if you wish to change this default time then you can do this by visiting Clear After section.
- You can also make your status more expressive by adding emojis.
- If you want to delete your status before the expiry time then click on Custom Staus then on X.
Can Server Admins See Offline Users?
Neither server admin nor the owner can see the invisible users. As per my knowledge, there is no way or hack is available that helps to identify offline users. If you wish to know who is online, you need to send DM to that person, if he reverts back to your DM that means he is online.
Invisible users also have the option to send DM but it will immediately tell their friends that they are online and just pretending to be offline.
Can You Hide What Games You’re Playing?
If you don’t want to share your gaming activity with your friends on Discord. Then you will glad to acknowledge that this can be done using a Discord setting called Display currently running game as a status message. However, this setting cannot be applied to all games but still, it can detect plenty number of games. Here is how you can hide your currently playing games:
- You need to click on the cog setting icon. You will see the cog button at the bottom left corner of your Discord screen.
- In the left menu of user settings, tap on Games.
- Turn off the toggle of Display currently running games as a status message.
If you use the friend sync feature of Discord then you will be updated when your friends use Steam and Skype. We hope now you know how to appear offline on Discord. However, if you found any difficulties while following then you can share it with us.
Don’t hesitate to leave your suggestions or queries using the below-given comment section if you have any. So that’s all today. Thanks for reading.