It’s never fun when Google Maps isn’t working the way it’s supposed to. Several Google Maps users reported that Google Maps not working for them. Google Maps is probably one of the most used Google apps. With the help of Google Maps, we can easily navigate from one location to another location.
Google Maps is also useful in finding out several other things like nearby hospitals, gas stations, restaurants, and many more in a specific area. Google Maps stopped working due to many reasons such as poor internet connection, GPS issues, etc. Today’s guide will let you fix Google Maps not working & other navigation issues.
- 1 Common Problems With Google Maps:-
- 2 How to Fix Google Maps Not Working Issue
- 3 Conclusion:-
Common Problems With Google Maps:-
Google Maps need GPS to work perfectly if there is an issue with GPS then Google Maps will not work. Besides that, there are some other issues also, let’s see what’s are those issues.
- Sometimes Google Maps start crashing during its use. The application closes suddenly.
- The second problem with Google Maps that the whole map shows nothing more than blank screens.
- Google Maps starts working very slowly.
- Google Maps not showing the correct locations.
These are the list of some common problems faced by users. So without further delays, let’s get started talking fixes.
How to Fix Google Maps Not Working Issue
Here you’ll find some solutions that can be applied to fix Google Maps issues:-
1. Reset GPS System:-
Probably GPS has kept the wrong information about your location that’s why you’re getting the wrong location on Maps. No matter how many times you close and reopen Google Maps, the location remains the same. In this case, I suggest you reset GPS. Let’s see how to reset the GPS system.
- Open Google Play Store app.
- Search for an application that helps you to reset the GPS system.
- Download the application and go through the application guide to reset the GPS system.
2. Check Internet Connection:-
If you’re connected with a poor or unstable internet connection, then you might face Google Maps issues. Also, you can switch to a Wi-Fi connection. If still Google Maps not working on your Android device then try resetting network.
3. Clear Data And Caches Of Google Maps On Android & iPhone:-
Many times Google Maps stopped working on Android devices because of minor issues like cache conflicts. If you haven’t cleared caches files for long, that might be the possible reason why Maps behaving weirdly. Follow the subsequent steps to fix the Google Maps stopping issue.
- Head to the Setting and click on Apps.
- Find Google Maps in the apps list, and click on it.
- Choose the option Clear Cache or Clear Data to clear Maps cache and data.
4. Update Google Play Services:-
Google Play Services are essentials for running Google Maps smoothly on Android devices. So you need to install the latest version of the Google Play Services in order to fix Google Maps stopping issue on Android. Go through the below steps to do this.
- Go to the Google Play Store and search for Google Play Service.
- Click on the Update button, if any update is available.
5. Update Google Maps:-
The outdated version of Google Maps can also cause problems while using Maps. Many peoples don’t take updates seriously and end up facing issues like Google Maps crashing, blank Google Maps. You can easily update the Google Maps from Play Store, it won’t take too much time. So please go ahead and follow these steps to update Maps.
- Open Google Play Store and head to the My apps & games.
- Find Google Maps from the list of apps, and click on Update.
6. Check Location Is Turned On:-
If Google Maps stopped working on an iPhone or Android device then check that location service is turned on. Let’s see how to enable location services:-
- Go to the Setting and tap on Privacy.
- Select the Location and turned it on by clicking on While using the app.
7. Calibrate Google Maps:-
By calibrating the Google Maps, you will be able to get accurate information on the locations. Google Maps calibrate can be easily done in the following way.
- Open Google Maps.
- Go to the Location view panel and click on it.
- You’ll see the Calibrate Compass option at the bottom.
Follow the suggested instructions appear on the calibration screen, once you’ve finished click on the done button. Now I hope your Google Maps not working issue has got resolved, if not restart the phone.
8. Restart Phone:-
This sounds a little bit silly but believes me this is an effective solution. Simply restart your mobile and check your issue got resolved or not.
If still after going through these solutions, your Google Maps issue is not resolved, then you can try to uninstalling and reinstalling the application on your phone. So today you have learned how to fix all issues related to Google Maps.
Thanks for reading, and don’t forget to post your thoughts in the comment sections.