Many users encountered “message blocking is active” while trying to send a text message. This error prevents peoples from sending text messages, to send text messages again, you need to fix what’s causing this error. If you’re wondering how to do this, then go through this post and find out yourself.
Often this error comes immediately after users try to send a text message. Text messages are the most basic feature of any mobile phone. So any issue with messaging could be heartbreaking. So let us take a look at why this happens and how you can fix it.
- 1 What Are The Causes Of Message Blocking Is Active Error?
- 2 How To Fix Message Blocking Is Active Issue?
- 3 Takeaway:-
What Are The Causes Of Message Blocking Is Active Error?
We’ve investigated this issue to find out the possible reasons for this error, and listed them below:
- The most common cause of this error that the person whom you want to send the message has put you in their block list. Also if you’ve blocked someone then possibly you can face this error.
- Some time due to network problems, we can’t able to send text messages. So you need to wait till the network comes back in the working state.
- Another possible cause of “message blocking is active” error that might you’re not subscribed to use message services. This happens when you exceed your SMS limits set by your carrier. So you need to make sure that still you have an active valid plan to send text messages.
- Also if you’re trying to send multimedia or premium text messages then you might face this error. Because your carrier doesn’t support premium message service.
These are the list of possible reasons, now its time to jump to the solution section.
How To Fix Message Blocking Is Active Issue?
In order to fix this issue, you need to go through these steps one by one. These steps are 100% safe to try.
1. Allow The Premium Text Message:-
- Head to mobile settings and choose Apps option.
- Find out the Message in the list of apps.
- After that go to the advanced section and click on Special Access.
- Click on Premium Access and to allow premium SMS access choose Always
2. Delete Cache Of Message App:-
Every application available on your smartphone has cache and data that used to retrieve application information. If there is any corrupted file in cache and data then your message app starts behaving weird. So deleting message application cache and data might help you to fix this issue.
- Head to Settings of your smartphone and click on Apps or Apps & Notification option.
- Search for your message application and click on Storage.
- On the next screen, you’ll able to see both the Clear cache and data option, choose any of them wisely.
3. Disable Data Roaming:-
Data roaming is a default feature of every device which is connected to the network. When you disable data roaming, and your network has a poor signal then it will start using a different network so you never face any trouble.
- Open Settings on your cellular device.
- Navigate to the More>Network>Deta Roaming.
- Slide the toggle to the left side to disable data roaming.
4. Reset Access Point Name(APN) Settings:-
Access Point Name acts as a gateway between the cellular network and the internet. If there is any problem with your APN settings then you might encounter several issues, the message issue is also one of them. So fix APN settings by going through these steps:-
- As usual, go to Settings.
- Click on More button.
- Head to the Mobile Network section.
- Here you will Find Access Point Names.
- Tap on three dots located at the upper right corner. Reset To default option appears here.
5. Enable Messaging:-
If all the solutions suggested by us so far, not able to fix your message issue. Then probably you’ve disabled the messaging feature. To get rid of this problem, follow the steps written below:-
- Navigate to Settings>App Permissions.
- Select SMS.
- Now slide Message applications toggle bar to the right side to grant permissions.
7. Disable iMessage On iPhone:-
iMessage comes preinstalled with every Apple device. Some time due to many reasons iMessage and your default message app conflict with each other that can be a reason for message blocking is an active error. So this is essential to disable iTunes on your iPhone.
- Go to iPhone Settings.
- Search Message application.
- Disable iMessage.
8. Reach Customer Support:-
You can contact your network provider if none of the methods work for you. Your cellular network support team will help you to fix the issue. If you’re facing this error because of any network issues like exceeding SMS limit, no active plan then they will assist to increase your SMS limit by paying some amount to them.
9. Reset Phone:-
This the final step we’re going to discuss in today’s post. If you go through all the solutions, but none of them work for you, then I suggest you reset your phone to factory default settings. I hope you all know how to perform a factory reset, so we’re not going to waste your time by talking about steps on how to reset the phone.
There are few chances that your cellular number is not active, so whenever this issue arises check your network signals. Also, double-check the number of receipts, sometime in hassle we type wrong contact numbers. For example, instead of 10 digits mobile number, you save a 9 digits mobile number then you will definitely face issues.
There are some third parties applications also available that claimes to fix message service-related issues but they are not 100% secure and reliable that’s why we haven’t covered them in our post. Let’s end today’s topic, I hope after going through this article, you’ve fixed your issues.