Ring application is one of the most popular security applications in the US. The main job of this application is to provide nearby crime news to the users. But after some last updates, the users report that the ring app is not working on their devices.
Facing error on the ring app means that there is some problem in the connection of the ring device and app. As a result of it, the ring app won’t be able to receive data from the ring device. The common reasons for the ring app not working issue are given below:
- An unsteady internet connection on your mobile can interrupt the normal flow of data transfer between the ring app and device.
- Slow uploading and downloading speed of the connection can also interrupt the data transfer.
- The connection formed between your router and ring device might be poor or unstable.
- 1 How To Fix Ring App Not Working?
- 2 Conclusion:-
How To Fix Ring App Not Working?
First of all, you should need to check your internet connection on your mobile device whenever you face this issue. If you are getting a poor signal on your mobile, then try to connect with any Wi-Fi connection to strengthen the signal.
As we all know that internet speed tests on behalf of upload and download speed. If any of them or both are too slow then your ring won’t be able to display the ring device’s camera on your phone.
Assuming that you’re connected with a stable internet connection, but still, the ring app is not working properly then here are some problems along with solutions
1. Ring App Doesn’t Load Or Crashes:-
This is the most common problem with the ring application. Many users reported that app crashes on startup or sometimes they stuck with the sign-in loop.
- Clear cache and data.
- Uninstall and reinstall the ring application on your device.
2. Cannot Sign In:-
To access your account you need to sign in to the ring app. Several users complained that they are unable to sign in, or whenever they enter login credentials app crashes and restarts.
- If you are using an adblocker then add the ring app to the exception list of the adblocker.
- Avoid using a VPN, or temporarily disable it while sign in to the ring app.
3. Failure Of Login Certificate:-
If your ring app screen flashes continually and won’t let you enter your login details. Usually, such type of issue appears due to expired SSL certificates. The latest update of the ring has claimes to fix this issue and several users conclude that the issue has been resolved.
- Try to uninstall and reinstall the ring application on your phone.
- Always consider using the updated version of the ring application.
- Reboot your mobile phone.
4. Missing Alert Sounds:-
This happens when the ring app does not have all the needed alert tones at the place of the notifications. That means even if any notification comes, you won’t able to hear the sound.
- Open file explorer app and search for My files.
- Scroll down till you can’t see Ringtone folder, tap on it. Navigate to the Ring>Audio>Ring_app_alert_tones.
- Choose all the available tones and copy them. Now navigate to the Internal memory>Notifications and paste copied alert tones here.
- Close the app and relaunch the app to view alert tones.
5. Issue With Live View:-
The live view is the main highlighted feature of the ring app. This feature allows you to view what is happening around your property in real-time. However, some users are facing problems with the live view feature.
- The LIve view feature requires a high-speed internet connection to work perfectly. So make sure your internet connection is adequate for watching real-time updates.
- Ring doorbell doesn’t offer support for WPA2 encryption, so we suggest you change your router encryption to WPA instead of WPA2.
6. Motion Zone Not Working:-
Motion Zone lets you set the zone in which the camera will detect motion. Also, the motion zone prevents the camera from capturing the incidents that happen out of the zone.
- Go to the settings and check the level of the smart alert setting. If you found too much detection then try to reduce it to the light.
- Motion Zone not working can also be fixed just by resetting the motion zone.
- Navigate to the Settings>Motion Zones and reduce the motion sensitivity slider to People only.
7. Unable To Play Event History:-
If you wish to see past recording then you can do this by visiting the event history panel. Some users complain that they are facing issues while accessing old saved recordings.
- Always consider using the latest version of the ring application to avoid the ring app not working issue.
- Uninstall the ring application, reboot your mobile device and reinstall the ring application from the Play Store if you are an Android user or from App Store if you’re an iOS user.
Faulty wiring can also cause issues like no alert sound, video freezing, a live view not working. So whenever you face these issues also check your wiring. Also, don’t forget to check the power supply of the ring doorbell, any issue with power supply can lead to several other issues.
I hope after going through the steps you will able to fix the ring app not working issue. If you have found any other problem with the ring app then you can share it with us using the comment section.